To the Mayor and City Council

Dear Mr. Mayor and City Council Members,

As you are probably aware there has been a bit of discussion on the Facebook Group  ‘Homer Communications’’ regarding a resolution to make the City of Homer a ‘sanctuary city’ (as posted and defended by Jeremiah Emmerson).  Although he states he is amending the resolution to take out the inflammatory language there is plenty of evidence that this is part of the anti-Trump agenda that is dividing our country.   It is also a resolution that addresses a problem that does not exist in our community-Homer is one of the most tolerant and unbiased communities that you will find anywhere.

Personally I’m a conservative Christian Trump supporter.  Although I am Pro-life I wouldn’t dream of telling you that you cannot choose to have an abortion.  I believe homosexuality is a sin, but if you are I would rent a room to you or hire you if I was a landlord or an employer.  As a Christian I get along with my Wiccan neighbor and the women who drum and dance in the forest and the Mormans who come to my door.  I don’t care if you’re black, red, purple or green, if you need a helping hand mine will be extended.   I can even have a civil discussion with a liberal.  I believe that the majority of Homerites, as diverse as we are,  are equally as tolerant as I am.

I stand for unity and I believe that no matter if you’re conservative or liberal (or in between) we need to work together for the good of all.  It’s a shame that as a country we are fighting each other instead of working on solutions to better America and the world.  I would hope that our city would not join in that fighting.  Please reject this resolution as a needless waste of time.  It will be divisive and take time that is better spent on items that are a priority.

Thank you for your time and for your service,

Respectfully,

Tamara Reiser

These emails are public records obtained by the Homer News. Actual email addresses have been obscured.