Resolution 17-xxx

Mayor Zak,

I am writing to you today regarding Resolution 17-xxx in which three Homer residents and council members are proposing Homer, Alaska become a sanctuary city.
I strongly oppose such a resolution.  Homer is a diverse city, and we have always welcomed everyone.  If we adopt this resolution, we put Federal aid at risk, tourism industry, and Homer residents.
I do not reside within the city limits, but we have a business in town, my child attends Homer High School, and we do our shopping in Homer.

What these three city council members are proposing is absurd, and a waste or the city’s time and money.  I am sure there are more important items to discuss, complete, and propose than this garbage.

I truly believe President Trump is carrying out the laws that are already in place, and attempting to protect the American people.  Does the City of Homer really have the time and money to entertain this?  I think it is time for three new council members; they do not represent me or my family!  Homer citizens voted for Trump over Clinton, 433 to 329 in District 31-350 and 346 to 284 in District 31-360.  People wanted change, and we are getting it.

We have lived in Homer for over 20 years, and have seen all kinds of people come in and out.  I strongly feel that we do not have to pass this resolution to maintain our “quirky” little “Hamlet by the Sea.”  Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Jill Hockema
Po Box 15386
Fritz Creek, AK 99603
907-299-3781

These emails are public records obtained by the Homer News. Actual email addresses have been obscured.