Resolution 17-xxx

Dear Mayor Zak and City Council Memebers,

As a frequent visitor to Homer Alaska, my wife's parents and her sister and brother in law live in Homer, I find it deeply troubling that the city is proposing to become a "Sanctuary City" and oppose federal law! The residents of Homer voted for Donald Trump to become the President of the United States according to voting records. Here’s how Homer voted in November: Homer 1, (District 31-350) voted 433 for Trump to 329 for Clinton. Homer 2, (District 31-360) voted 346 for Trump to 284 for Clinton.

I for one would have difficulty visiting and spending my hard earned money in a city that outwardly opposes federal law!

President Trump is undoing many of the terrible things the former incompetent president did to harm this great country which by the way he was elected to do!!

I am not sure which city council person proposed this resolution but I hope the residents of Homer wake up and petition to fire this council person and elect one that has their priorities straight which is to serve the people of Homer and not use the position to try and enact their own political agenda!

Sincerely
Mark Plavan

These emails are public records obtained by the Homer News. Actual email addresses have been obscured.