From: Sailor Jer [mailto:roxlaw@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 8:13 AM
To: Department Clerk <Clerk2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Resolution

I am writing in regards to the recent debacle of introducing a resolution to make us a sanctuary city.  This reeks of political bias and with Homer's reputation, is a absolutely unnecessary step and is reminiscent of the plastic bag bag, where decisions were made without the people making that decision.  What I do NOT want are illegal immigrants (refugee or otherwise) that have not been properly vetted or vetted at all.  The safety of our citizens should be paramount in your minds.

Also, this town already has a budget issue.  We have enough homeless, children wandering the streets homeless and no job opportunities for a wide variety of people.  To add additional stress on the goodwill of the citizens, churches and Rescue organizations are already stretched to the limit.  For council members to thumb their noses at the Trump administration and put us in danger of federal funding being pulled is irresponsible and shows that there are people on this council that are putting their political agenda ahead of the people who they SHOULD be working for.

You might want to consider a larger venue for your meeting because I can assure you there are many citizens who are attending and their voices will be heard.  Get plenty of sleep.  It's going to be a long one.

Roxanne Lawver
Sent from my iPad