From: Dave Roseneau [mailto:daveroseneau@xxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2017 1:59 PM
To: Department Clerk <Clerk2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: The "inclusivity" resolution

As an American citizen and a long-time Alaskan and City of Homer resident, I want the city council to know that I am strongly opposed to the so-called inclusivity resolution. The city and its council members should stand for the rule of law. Passing this resolution will tell me and all other like-mined Americans that my city does not! And it also will tell me that the council members sponsoring this attempt to make my city a sanctuary city do not! The city has no business getting involved in this sort of thing, and it has absolutely no business telling our police department to ignore the law. My father and several of my other relatives fought and died for this country and what it stands for. The people behind this resolution are advocating making their sacrifice meaningless, and they are apparently too ignorant to understand how much passing this resolution will further divide the community, as it has already started to do! I have taped the names of the 3 sponsoring council members to the door of my refrigerator waiting for the next time they are up for re-election, and so have 7 of my good friends and neighbors, all city residents. The council needs to shoot this thing down quickly and toss it out!!

David G. Roseneau, 1266 Iris Court, Homer, Alaska

Sent from my iPhone