We Are All Immigrants

Jack Schaloum speaks about his mother, Magda, who survived Auschwitz.
We are All Immigrants:
Taking a Stand for Never Again

Wednesday, the Center commemorated Holocaust Remembrance Day with a speaker who presented his parents' stories of survival to an overflow audience.

Like millions of others, Izak and Magda Schaloum were expelled from their homes and endured extraordinary and unimaginable hardship in concentration camps and refugee camps before finally immigrating to the United States, to a new life and safety in Seattle.

Today, as our immigrant neighbors face discrimination, threats, and uncertainty, we are grateful to Seattle Mayor Ed Murray who named Seattle a sanctuary city, where hatred has no home. The Holocaust Center is dedicated to teaching tolerance and citizenship through lessons of the Holocaust, never more important than right now.

Thank you for supporting the Holocaust Center for Humanity.

Dee Simon
Baral Family Executive Director
Holocaust Center for Humanity
2045 2nd Ave Seattle, WA 98121
See what's happening on our social sites
Holocaust Center for Humanity, 2045 2nd Ave., Seattle, WA 98121
Sent by dee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in collaboration with
Constant Contact

These emails are public records obtained by the Homer News. Actual email addresses have been obscured.