against Homer becoming a Sanctuary City

Please Mr Mayor,
Do not vote for Homer to become a Sanctuary City.  Please do not allow
individual council members to bring their personal political agendas to
the table and force them onto the people of Homer. Risking the funding
of many Federal programs already in place that fund and take care of our
legal American citizens that the programs were designed to help. Our
infastructure is so stretched already to add an additional burden upon
the taxpayers would be reckless and the consequences of it will be felt
by all.
I am appalled that you would consider supporting breaking a Federal
law.  It is not our position to decide which laws we will agree to abide
by.  Whether we agree with them or not.  The Federal Government has the
right to make laws and it is our duty to abide by them.  We have the
right to protest them but we so not have the right to choose which ones
to ignore and which ones to enforce.

Please please do not go down this road.  If this happens, people will
remember, when crime rates go up, when we lose our Federal Funding and
you will be the blame and you will not be reelected..Ina Jones