Dear Homer city council,

This letter comes in response to the HCCouncil's upcoming consideration on a resolution to make Homer a sanctuary city.
It is my strong belief that this is a very bad idea.
Our country, state and local governments are based on the rule of law.
Presently there are laws on the books that allow individuals to be prosecuted / deported if they have entered the country illegally. If society chooses not to enforce these laws, what's to stop others from picking and choosing which laws to enforce and which to ignore? When that happens, you're not too far from anarchy.
Laws are in place for an ordered society.
I implore you to not allow this resolution to move forward.
If you choose to not abide by the laws in place , you leave the citizens of this community few options to protect them selves from lawlessness.
Thank you for your consideration.
Phil Clay

Sent from my iPhone