Please don't vote in favor of the resolution tonight!

Dear Mayor Zak,
I'm not sure how close to tonight's meeting you will be checking your email, but I do want to add my voice to the many local folks who are asking you not to vote in favor of this controversial resolution 17-019. I read the original draft, which I hear has been rewritten, but even being rewritten, the heart of it is still there - to cause even MORE division in our community by those who are upset with the outcome of last year's presidential election. Although I live in Fritz Creek, not the city of Homer, what happens in Homer affects many others. I feel this is a waste of local time and resources at the hands of a few people who want to stir up animosity toward the new president wherever and however they can. My mind is a bit frazzled from working on taxes, so my apologies if this isn't very articulate! Hope tonight's meeting doesn't cause more division in our amazing town. Sincerely, Toni Ross

These emails are public records obtained by the Homer News. Actual email addresses have been obscured.