Resolution

Homer City Council members,

I just want to voice my opposition to the amended version of the ‘inclusion’ resolution.   I’m trying to understand how the original version was even accepted for consideration as I cannot believe anyone on the council would not realize how much dissension that would stir up.

  Furthermore, it seems that Jeremiah Emmerson who claims to have written the amendments, purposefully set this dissension in motion by his initial posting calling for a sanctuary city (and adding council members names to this post) and by adding gasoline to the fire by adding posts about refugees, dead or injured children, throwing out more posts about immigration and anti-Trump articles.  I am not sure what his agenda is but I feel that he has tried to manipulate our council and the people of Homer.  Perhaps he wants to be the voice of the ‘Resist Trump’ movement in Homer.  If any of the council members are part of that movement that is their own business, but it should not be part of the City of Homers agenda.

  I hope this resolution is dumped quickly.  It is addressing a problem that does not exist.

 Thank you for your time,

Tamara Reiser

City resident

These emails are public records obtained by the Homer News. Actual email addresses have been obscured.