From: Tyler Stortz [mailto:tylerstortz@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 10:04 PM
To: Mayor Email <Mayor_Email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Tom Stroozas <tomstroozas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Catriona Reynolds <CatrionaReynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; David Lewis <davidlewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Donna Aderhold <DonnaAderhold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Shelly Erickson <shellyerickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Heath Smith <HeathSmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Department Clerk <Clerk2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Political resolution

Mr. Mayor and Council Members,
     It truly is a sad day in our "Quaint little drinking village with a fishing problem".  We are already a very tolerant diverse community.  We do not need this political rhetoric giving our town a black eye and this being what Homer is known for.  I used to charter fish out of Homer and have since moved on to working up on the slope.  I truly believe that this resolution if passed will hurt Homer economically in ways that the authors of this resolution cannot even fathom.  No to mention the damage to our reputation as the beautiful quirky little town at the end of the road that so many people come to visit every year.  I am writing this because I cannot attend the meeting.  I am currently hard at work in the Arctic.  Doing my part to keep the lifeblood of Alaska flowing and making money to spend locally in our community.  Everyday since the information was leaked I have had to answer the same question from slope workers and friends/family in the lower 48 and I quote " What the hell are they thinking?".  People have even told me if this passes they will go elsewhere on they're vacations to enjoy everything our great state has to offer.  It's already doing damage and you haven't even voted on it!  The authors have opened a can of worms that people are driving from all over the peninsula to attend the meeting to make sure the right voices are heard.  In my opinion a no vote is not enough!! The authors of this resolution and any council members at vote yes SHOULD turn in they're resignation because they are not doing they're job and looking out for what is BEST for Homer!!!!!  They are hurting and dividing our community!

     Sincerely,
           Tyler Stortz
(A very disappointed resident)

Sent from my iPhone