From: Jenifer Lockwood [mailto:marknjen2@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2017 5:07 PM
To: Department Clerk <Clerk2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Mayor Email <Mayor_Email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Resolution being considered at 2-27-17 Council meeting

Homer City Council,

Hello from your neighbor city to the north - Kenai!  Your beautiful City is one of our most favorite places to visit...which we do several times a year.  When traveling outside or when friends and family visit, we always tell others Homer is a must see when coming to Alaska.

Because of our love of your City, it was with great dismay we read the Homer City Council's Resolution being considered at the Council's 2/27/17 meeting.  It was a surprise to say the least considering the majority of voters in the City of Homer voted for Donald Trump.  Is a City Council not supposed to represent their constituency?

If the Homer City Council chooses to pass this Resolution in outright opposition and disrespect to the President of the United States, then our family will choose to no longer support the City of Homer.  We will not spend one more dollar in your City.  Not on the beautiful lodges on the Homer Spit, not on shopping at Homer's many amazing and unique stores, not in the tasty restaurants and bakeries, and although Homer is always our first choice for fishing charters, Seward meets that need.  We will no longer recommend visiting friends and family to your community for the many reasons we've always loved Homer.

We hope Council recognizes the divisiveness of this Resolution and chooses not to pass it.

Respectfully,

Mark & Jenifer Lockwood
Kenai, Alaska